At least!!!!, with only 10 days left until AB Star Wars is finally made available for download, Rovio uploaded a video that contains both a short animation of “Luke” and “Leia”, after that you will see some footage of these two birds in action, more details below:
- The Red Bird has finally been given a special power, and as “Angry Luke” he can use the lightsaber to destroy blocks, as seen in the video.
- The Pink Bird has swapped bubbles for tractor beams, and they seem to be quite powerful, judging for the robot it’s taking down.
- The enemies can attack as well, the video shows the AT-AT walker spitting what seems to be laser beams. Our guess is that gravity will also play a role just like it did in Angry Birds Space, but only in certain episodes.
- The Might Eagle is now the millenium falcon, since the icon in the button on the top left corner of the screen shows just that.
UPDATE: SECOND GAMEPLAY VIDEO
This is the second gameplay footage that Rovio released, this time the characters featured are R2-D2 and C-3PO.
- The White Bird is C-3PO. This time it won’t drop an egg but rather blow up and damage the objects and troopers around with its own body parts.
- The space egg plays R2-D2 and its skill is release electric charges that destroys the piggies and brings down structures.
- Just like we thought, there are levels that feature the exact same zero-gravity gameplay than Angry Birds Space.
All Things Angry Bird Star Wars
- We’ve created a detailed guide for Angry Birds Star Wars, once the game is out, we’ll start adding valuable information with strategies and other tips.
- A compilation with all the teasers released by Rovio, containing modified scenes of the classic Star Wars movies.
- Official Release date announced for the game.
- First image posted in Rovio’s facebook page that didn’t reveal much, many fans guessed it right anyways.